Surprise Call!
September 14, 2023
We got a surprise mid-week call from Christian tonight! He earned 30 minutes of phone time, so he called home. He had a lot to tell. He rappelled from a 40 ft wall this week. He said it was the most exciting thing he's done his whole life. He also said it cured is fear of heights. His platoon ran an obstacle course this week, too. He had fun doing that as well. They also went though the gas chamber today. He came out unscathed and reported that it wasn't too bad. Some guys had burning skin, but the only thing he said that bothered him was on the back of his neck. He asked for cough dops and his address book. I will get them to him before Saturday afternoon, that's for sure. I then gave the phone to his dad so they could talk. They didn't connect on Sunday, so I let them have some time by themselves to discuss what happened this week.
Comments
Post a Comment