MRE's are Terrible and You Are 9/11

 Well, it's Sunday again (September 10, 2023) and I heard from our Soldier in Training.  He says he's fine, but his shoulder has popped out again.  He's still slated to graduate on November 8.  Today was the first time he's mentioned family day and when to get there.  I think he might be missing home.  He asked about his dog and the grey kitten that showed up. I had to tell him the grey kitten hasn't been around in two weeks. He was a little sad about that.  I also told him his dog kept me up the last three nights because of storms.  He said she's a crazy dog.  Regarding Family Day and Graduation, he said we needed to be there on Monday for family day on Tuesday and then Graduation on Wednesday.  He's excited and still happy.  Christian also said that he got more gear, like his pack, armor plates, helmet, grenade bags, and the such.  I told him I think they're getting ready to start marching with all that gear. He said he was ready. He said he's going to church and I couldn't be more proud of him.  He also said MRE's are terrible except for Beef Goulash.

I asked him about 9/11, if they were going to do anything there to commemorate it.  He said he asked the drill sergeant the same thing today.  His rely, You are 9/11.  Hmmmm, something to ponder. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Got the First Phone Call Today!

Writing Letters