Dropped Him Off Today


 It's Monday, August 21, 2023 and I just dropped off my baby boy at a hotel in Colonial Heights to ship out to Fort Jackson, SC tomorrow sometime.  My momma heart is full of pride and sadness all at the same time. 










It's been a crazy few days.  We went to the movies on Friday night and saw "The Last Voyage of Demeter".  Weird movie about Dracula, but I liked it.  It was a train wreck that I couldn't look away from it.  Christian enjoyed it.  He likes weird stuff like that.  


Saturday, we all went to pow-wow.  I needed some reconnection time to my roots and nature.  It was just what my soul needed during a time of turmoil and uncertainty in my life.  I felt so grounded while we were there.  Great celebration of life and kinship.











Sunday, we took Christian out to dinner one last time just to spend some time together.  It was delicious.  We met a super nice couple who were celebrating their daughter's 26th birthday.  We talked about our faith.  Long story short, before we left the gentleman, James, prayed over Christian for us.  It was SO touching and warmed my heart.  It's been an incredible journey for me.  I hope it's as incredible for Christian, too. 


My little soldier boy is going to do great things.  I can FEEL it!


 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Got the First Phone Call Today!

Writing Letters

MRE's are Terrible and You Are 9/11